Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010!

Ok, so I know this post is a little late but I've been busy with a little something else lately ;-) We spent the weekend bringing in the new year snuggled up with our little lovebug and surrounded by family! Honestly- I wouldn't want it any other way. I wanted to do a post that recapped 2010 a little bit and kind of hit the key parts- and most of it is baby related!


On April 9th I took my first pregnancy test and it was positive. Tyler knew I was going to take them that morning and we were both shocked and completely ecstatic whenever the words "Pregnant" popped up. Waiting for that answer was the longest 3 minutes of my life but from that day forward I thought about our sweet baby every single day!




In May we celebrated our 2 year anniversary! I can't believe that we have been married that long- it has FLOWN by! We spent a weekend in Branson and had an absolute blast!


Also in May our family took a vacation to Jacksonville Beach. This was my first vacation with the in-laws and it was good to get to spend a week together. I was around 12 weeks pregnant and felt exhausted every day but it was a nice beach break!


On August 8th we heard the words, "It looks like a little girl!" I know this picture isn't from that particular ultrasound but I don't have those scanned so this sweet profile picture will have to do! I had felt all along it was a girl and everyone kept telling me a boy so once we heard this I went crazy obsessing over cute, girly things and we started wondering what our daughter would be like. We never expected her to be so perfect and change our lives instantly!



In October and November we had 3d ultrasounds done and we got a sneak peek at baby Halsey! The first time she didn't cooperate so when we went back we got a good look at those chubby little cheeks and precious face. I took one good look at the screen and turned to Tyler to tell him that she looked like him and would probably be a daddy's girl.


On November 20th I lost one of the most amazing women I ever have had the privilege to meet- my grandmother. It was so unexpected and sudden and I experienced one of the hardest weeks of my life. I admire her so much and hope to be half of the woman that she was. I truly believe everything happens for a reason and although I don't understand now and may not for a while, I trust that this was God's timing no matter how difficult it may seem for me. I struggle with the fact that she will never get to see her granddaughter but I know that we will see her again and that she is smiling down on us so for now I will pass on stories and memories to Halsey so she will know how amazing of a woman her Great-Grandmother was.


On December 22nd this little bundle of joy that we have been anxiously awaiting arrived! She has already brought so much joy to our lives and we are CRAZY about her! I'm soaking up every second because I know it will go by so fast but Tyler and I are looking forward to watching her grow up!

I think I can honestly say that 2010 has been one of the best and worst years of my life. I'm so grateful for all of our blessings and I realize that God gives and takes away but he is still in control. We are looking forward to 2011 whatever it may bring and I am SO looking forward to spending my days with this sweet little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment