Sunday, January 23, 2011

One month!


So I meant to post this yesterday but ran out of time! We've had a busy weekend- we went to mom and dad's yesterday, I sewed my first dress for Halsey, and we ate lunch and dinner with the whole family! I can't believe we have a one month old baby...CRAZY!!

Halsey you are one month (and one day) old!


- You still are wearing newborn clothing and a few 0-3 month outfits. You're so tiny!
- You weigh 9 pounds and 2 ounces and we call you our chunky monkey
- You take after your momma and are a GOOD eater. You nurse every 2-3 hours during the day


- You sleep 6-7 hours at night and have been since you were 3 weeks old. I pray this doesn't change!
- You really are a happy baby. You only fuss when you're hungry or tired but who doesn't?
- You take 2-3 naps throughout the day
- You have to be swaddled or you will wake yourself up within minutes! Your hands get you in trouble alot!


- You don't like your swing. You will sit there for about 5 minutes before you start screaming
- You don't like noisy places. If it's too loud around you, you start to cry and as soon as we turn everything down you're just fine. A little high-maintenance :-)
- You don't like sleeping flat on your back. We have to put a pillow under you to incline your head


- You like taking a bath and have ever since we brought you home. You just lay there and stare at me
- You will take your pacifier about half of the time
- You're starting to smile when we talk to you and it just melts our hearts
- You know mine and your daddy's voice and look for us when you hear us talking. I think it's sweet



- You like to lay on your changing table in your room. You can be fussing alot but as soon as I lay you down there you immediately turn it off and look around at your room
- You have just started making little noises and I love hearing your little voice
- You like riding in your car seat if your belly is full. If you even think you are hungry then forget it- it's a long trip to town!
- You are a noisy sleeper- that you get from your daddy!


You have brought so much joy into our lives the past month and I cannot wait to see what else is in store. I love spending the day with you and I thank God that you are my daughter. I don't think you will ever know how much your daddy and I love you. We absolutely adore you baby girl! Happy one month!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, cute pictures! Happy 1 month birthday Halsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1 month Halsey baby!! I am so happy you've been blessed with her...you'll never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.Goodness. Love her. I just love those stickers and how you always dress her!!
    You are one lucky momma if she continues to sleep through the night!!! Happy 1 month Halsey Jayde!

    ReplyDelete