Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Catch Up!

I hate playing catch up but I just haven't had time to blog lately- and I can't find my camera!  This will probably be the most boring post ever but I would like to remember it someday.

 We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY and now the aftermath is starting to hit me! My mom was on vacation all last week and we loved running around and spending time with Grams! Monday we went to see sweet Kaylee. It is amazing to me how big Halsey is compared to her.We took some precious pictures that I will post when I (hopefully) find my camera.

Tuesday we headed to Branson to do some shopping and it was just a BEAUTIFUL day to stroll on the landing. Wednesday mom had a dentist appointment in Harrison so we tagged along and I ran by the college to drop some more info off. I'm anxious to start but even more anxious to be done!

Thursday we headed to Fayetteville to get some shopping done and to pick up supplies for Kaylee's baby shower. And we ended the day with 2 shots :( Poor chubby little legs! Then Friday Dad was off too so the 4 of us headed back to Fayetteville. It was just a nasty day but we managed to hit up Target, Sam's, Kohls and both malls! And we ended up at Mimi's for lunch-yummy! We ended a long day with our nephew's birthday party. Happy Birthday H!

Saturday I cleaned the house then headed to town to set up for the shower. We went to Papa's house for supper and games. I just love spending time with family!

Sunday was the baby shower and Halsey's first time to watch Daddy's softball game. She is such a daddy's girl it is ridiculous! I think all of this was preparing me for yesterday.

I was supposed to be in Rogers at NWACC at 8 for college orientation. That meant I needed to get myself ready, feed Halsey cereal, get her ready, nurse her and on the road by 6:15! We pulled in at 7:45 and I was so proud that we were: 1. there early, 2. I hadn't forgotten anything, and 3. Halsey slept the whole way there (a HUGE deal for her)! We were there for FIVE hours but she was such a trooper. I really don't think people realize how hard it is to hold/carry a baby for that long, prepare and feed bottles, change diapers and entertain a 4 month old while juggling the diaper bag, papers, meeting advisors, registering for clases,etc. I was exhausted by the time we left and my arm is still sore!!! After we left there we went to Target( where I decided it was time to buy a Moby wrap), the Promenade, and then... Mimi's!! I'm sure I looked ridiculous sitting by myself scarfing down my food but I was starving! I think Halsey knew that too because she sat in her carseat the whole time and was just happy as could be. Then we headed to Fayetteville to pick Mom up from work, stopped by Rick's and headed to the Rhea Lana sale!

Needless to say we are being lazy today and tomorrow before Granny's surgery on Friday.

And because I hate posting without a picture I stole this one from Kristy-

My sweet girl at the shower!

The next post will probably be all pictures  =)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!! I've never eaten at Mimi's...I'll have to try it out.